Wednesday, November 17, 2010

9 Days of Gratitude

Day 2
“It is better to give than to receive” – Mark Twain

I could not think of a more perfect time than Thanksgiving to share gratitude for health, good friends & family. Helping others at this time makes us better individuals. Reminding those less blessed that they are not alone can give them strength and hope that tomorrow will be better.

This inspirational poem published on Prayables (thank you Susan Diamond, Chief of Pray) expresses how we can share with others blessings we have been given.

Giving Back

As you've blessed me,
help me be a blessing to others.
Show me what I can bring
to the table so someone else
can have a better quality of life.
Help me to share what I have,
even if it's just my time, so that I know
there's a child who can sleep
in a warm bed tonight,
or a senior who will have a good meal,
at least for today.
Please allow me to help out my community
in that same spirit that You share with all.
- Ruth Williams

Remember, one act of kindness goes a long way. Bring peace and love into another person’s heart by healing them with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment