Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Be Yourself. Own Yourself.

I Own Me Campaign

On February 9th Ad 2 Tampa Bay released a public service campaign as part of its annual effort to work with a nonprofit with impact and significance.


For the 2010-2011 year, it chose The Spring of Tampa Bay, Hillsborough County's only certified domestic violence prevention and emergency shelter agency. Its mission is to prevent domestic violence, protect victims and promote change in lives, families and communities.


I Own Me is a campaign designed to increase awareness about the violence that may occur during teen dating relationships. The campaign emphasizes a teen girl's ability to exercise her independence by acknowledging that she owns her own actions, words, and body.


I Own Me is a collaborate effort with the following Domestic Violence shelters:

· CASA – St Petersburg

· The Haven of R.C.S. – Clearwater, Sunrise Domestic and Sexual Violence Shelter

· Salvation Army Domestic Violence Program of West Pasco

· Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center – Sarasota County

· Hope Family Services – Manatee County

· Peace River Center Domestic Violence Shelter- Hardee, Highlands and Polk Counties



Will you own yourself? Take the pledge.

“Because I own me, I pledge to demand respect from my boyfriend or girlfriend. I expect to be treated properly by establishing personal boundaries and to be honored in my decisions concerning privacy, sex, and affection. I will not tolerate being physically, verbally, or emotionally hurt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment